Thinking about coming to camp? While that sounds like a great idea, I want to make sure you know what you're getting yourself into. I've been at Camp Henry for over 10 years now, and there are a few things they don't tell you in the brochure. Here are a list of 10 reasons you should not come to camp. If you can overlook these, camp is probably the perfect place for you!
1.It's quite possibly the ugliest place on Earth. Don't believe me? Just look at the sunsets- not even worth a second glance.
2. You’re encouraged to get as dirty as possible, paint your face, jump in the mud, and slip n’ slide down the slippery slopes. Sounds boring and gross if you ask me.
3. You’re forced to interact with strange people from all across the world and listen to them share their stories and traditions. Oh my days- who loves a British accent, anyway? Come on- you’re a mess if you do.
4. You spend the entire week participating in extremely boring activities such as climbing the Tator Tot, riding horses, rock climbing, zip-lining, and tubing on the Big Banana. Don’t put me down for that.
5. It’s hard to make life-long friends when everyone at camp is so welcoming, accepting, encouraging and loving all the time… how rude.
6. You have to go an entire week without electronics. Who wants to unplug, unwind, and spend time in community when they could be scrolling Facebook for the 300th time in one day? I won’t have time to post videos of people doing cool things if I’m stuck at camp doing nothing, so no thanks.
7. The people there wear ridiculous costumes, chant for no reason at all, and walk around complimenting you all day. Who wants to be a part of such a negative environment?
8. Once a week you have to camp outside and cook dinner over a fire. Who wants to sleep in a hammock, lay under the stars, or sit around a campfire with their cabin mates? Not me. And don’t even get me started on the beef stew- it’s so terrible I can’t stop eating it.
9. You spend the whole week challenging yourself, trying new things, and growing as a person. No thanks, sounds like way too much work.
10. You have to go to chapel every day, watch super boring skits, hear how amazing you are, and learn how great God’s love for you is. What a shame- just count me out right now.
Basically, camp is a really boring place where nobody would want to go. It's a shame I've been there for ten years now!