When you close your eyes and try to picture the ideal traditional camp setting – what you would picture is likely exactly what you will find at Camp Henry. A picturesque lakefront location with cabins tucked into the woods with multiple program areas.
Camp Henry sits on over 200 beautiful acres, along the shores of Lake Kimball in Newaygo, MI, 35 miles north of Grand Rapids.
All campers and guests can expect modern heated lodges and cabins with bathrooms. We welcome up to 200 campers each week during the summer and during the year, we have the capacity to welcome and serve groups of up to 270 guests.
Our dining hall, built in 1936, recently underwent a major renovation that allows us to serve up to 300 guests and sits in the middle of camp with a large deck that overlooks Lake Kimball.
Our boathouse deck is right on the sand and includes stadium style seating around the fire circle. This is a popular gathering space for evening programs around a fire. We have over 20 additional indoor/outdoor campfire locations throughout camp.
Our newly renovated theater is a warm and welcoming space during all four seasons and is outfitted with audio/visual equipment.
Download the facilties map here. View pictures below.
Our program areas include:
- 250 seat newly renovated theater
- High Adventure Programs -- including
- 15 Element High Ropes Course and Zip Line
- Rock Climbing Tower
- Cargo Net with dual Zip Lines
- Giant Swing
- Leap of Faith
- Teambuilding Low Ropes Courses
- Nature Center
- Arts and Crafts Center
- Two-sided Multipurpose Activity Center
- Outdoor Chapel
- Multiple Athletic Fields and Courts
- Horseback Riding Arena and Trails (Summer only)
- Over 7 Miles of Trails
- Countless Wilderness Areas -- including
- An Interactive Wetland Trail
- Several Swamps, Marshes, Bogs, Meadows, and Ponds
- Hardwood and Softwood Forests
- Archery and Sling Shot/Rock Throwing Range
- 16 Outdoor Campfire Locations
- 8 Indoor Campfire Locations
- Over a ¼ mile of Lakefront – including
- Swimming Areas with Inflatable Play Elements
- Sandy Beach
- Canoes, Kayaks, Sailboats, and Stand Up Paddleboards
- Wakeboarding and Waterskiing (Summer only)
- The Big Banana and the Magic Carpet (Summer only)
- Fishing Dock
- Deck with Stadium Style Seating around the Fire Circle